These are talks that I’ve held on various occasions.
- Learn to live with lack of rejection
A talk for Norwegian Women and Cancer’s systems epidemiology group by myself and Kajsa Møllersen. [slides]
- Small data: practical modeling issues in human-model -omic data
Defense for the degree of Ph. D. 8th of February, 2019. [slides]
- Variable selection in genomics — Methods, challenges, and possibilities
Trial lecture for the degree of Ph. D. 8th of February, 2019. [slides]
- Shrinkage estimation for fun and profit
BDPS lab meeting, University of Tromsø. 19th of February, 2018. [slides]
- Predicting breast cancer metastasis from blood samples — “On variance and other problems”
Presented at the Breast Cancer and the Immune System workshop, Barbados, 2017. [slides]
- Predicting breast cancer metastasis from blood gene expression using time-to-diagnosis data to derive signature estimates.
Poster presented at the 2017 Statistical Methods for Postgenomic Data workshop in London. [poster]
- The pragmatic R programmer.
Intro to writing reusable R code and bundling it in packages. Given at the Department of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø. 17th of November, 2016. [slides] [demo package]
- Version control and you.
Intro to version control software (Git) and its place in reproducible data analysis. Given at the Department of Community Medicine, University of Tromsø. 16th of November, 2016. [slides]
- Predicting cancer progression from blood gene expression (Alternate title: Some negative results).
Talk given for the Machine Learning @ UiT weekly seminar 23rd of October, 2015.